- Last Updated: 18 November 2023 18 November 2023
You can join or renew your 2024 membership now.
Looking to join a classic scrambles club in England? Then the Pre-65 Motocross Club could be the classic scrambles club for you.
On this page you will find information that explains how to join the Pre-65 Motocross Club and how to start classic scrambling with all British AMCA classic scrambles clubs.
- Last Updated: 18 April 2022 18 April 2022
The Pre-65 Motocross Club specialises in running and organising classic motorcycle scrambles in the East of England. Check out our race calendar for dates and if you are interested in becoming a member of the Pre-65 Motocross Club, then please head to the membership page for more information.
The Pre65 Motorcross Club are pleased to welcome spectators to our meetings. There is a £10 charge, on the gate, which will include a programme. Please park in the designated Spectator parking areas.
- Last Updated: 31 January 2024 31 January 2024
The AMCA have made an important change to the Classic Rule Book. This now states that ALL riders must have a Number on their bike(s) that matches their AMCA licence.
The issue of a small number of riders having different licence and racing numbers was raised at the annual AMCA Meeting of The Classic Clubs on Saturday 25th November 2023. The Pre65 Club made the proposal that in future the Licence and Rider Numbers must be the same. There was a unanimous vote from all the Club's present to accept the proposal. Therefore, this rule will be enforced by ALL AMCA clubs nationwide.
This will remove any misunderstandings with the Secretary Of The Meeting, at Technical Inspection, Pit Box and Medical Teams ..... Oh and spectators, when reading the programme, who keep the club solvent.
The official wording is as follows
Competition Licence Applicants
All new applicants will send a passport type photo, a rider will be issued with a licence card that they must take to all events.
Licenced riders will be issued with an AMCA Classic Scrambles Race Number, riders must compete with this allocated race number at all AMCA Classic Scrambles events. One day licences will be allocated a race number by the organising club for that event only after entries have closed, AMCA licence holders will always receive preference over day licences.
If anyone has any questions, or wants to ask for help to resolve a problem, please contact the AMCA office on 01543 466282. The staff there are always friendly and helpful.
- Last Updated: 15 December 2023 15 December 2023
The Pre65 Club has recived the following thank you letter from Great Ormand Street Hospital (GOSH) recognising our donation from the Gosfield meeting.
The Club committee would also like to thank everyone that parcipitated in the meeting, including Site Preperation, Riders, Officials, Spectators and most importantly the Cake Stall, that made this such a successful day. We hope to see you all there in 2024.
Dear all at Pre 65 Motocross Club,
- wards and medical facilities designed around children, which let the hospital treat more patients
- pioneering research to find treatments and cures for complex childhood illnesses
- advanced medical equipment for treating the toughest conditions
- support services that help make life in hospital as normal as possible for young patients and their families
On behalf of the children, families and staff at GOSH, thank you.
A copy of the original letter can be found here.
- Last Updated: 25 November 2022 25 November 2022
As the regular riders should have noticed, the Marshalling situation at our meetings has improved since the middle of 2021. There are two reason for this.
1) Nikki Moss-Robins, with a lot of support from hubby Mark (Rider 966), started organising the Marshals in advance of the meeting.
2) Liz Bond was appointed as regular Chief Marshal.
With the help of these great volunteers we no longer have to plead over the tannoy for more help and we can avoid the dreaded pre-practice raffle to top-up the marshals numbers from the rider pool. There are also less obvious improvements, such as a more knowledgeable and skilled group of marshals.
However, we can’t sit back and be complacent. This will only continue to work if Nikki & Mark has a large pool of potential marshals to call upon before each meeting. If you want to know more please contact any of the Pre65 Committee, or email the Club Steward using the online form here. You can also talk to us at the AGM or Telford Show.
- Last Updated: 25 March 2023 25 March 2023
Please remember it is a standing rule that all dogs must be kept on the lead when attending Pre65 Scrambles or any event where the Pre65 Motorcross Club are being represented. Any questions please raise with any Committee Member, or ask the officals on duty at the race meetings. Thanks for your agreement and understanding.
- Last Updated: 25 April 2019 25 April 2019
To comply with the AMCA rulebook every rider must have a 2kg fire extinguisher in their vehicle.
AMCA stewards will be performing random checks throughout the year so please ensure you have an extinguisher at every meeting. Also consider displaying it in a prominent position to help the stewards and make it easy to find in an emergancy.
- Last Updated: 30 October 2023 30 October 2023
Please ensure you have the correct number plate colour and race number colour on your bike for every meeting. These will be checked during technical inspection.
The colours are:
- Pre 60 bikes - white background with black numbers
- Pre 65 bikes - black background with white numbers
- Pre 68 bikes - blue background with white numbers
- Pre 74 bikes 500cc - red background with white numbers
- Pre 74 bikes 250cc - green background with white numbers
This is as per the AMCA rule book.
- Last Updated: 28 November 2019 28 November 2019
In order to reduce the administrative burden on the AMCA of sorting those that have a current membership and those that do not, you will need to first apply for Club membership. Once you have received your membership receipt, you should then apply for your AMCA licence.